get your FREE repair quote now
Information About Precision Camera Infrared Conversion Services
What Types Of Infrared Conversions Does Precision Camera Offer?Precision Camera offers many types of Infrared Conversions:
- 1. 590NM Conversion: After conversion, the camera is capable of producing images within 590-1300NM.
- Visible light still penetrates through the filter, therefore the most saturation false color images may be produced and has a golden hue.
- Some visible light still penetrates through filter, therefore, higher saturation false color images may be produced.
- Very little visible light penetrates through filter, therefore, low saturation false color images may be produced. This conversion is best suited for B&W IR photography.
- Almost no visible light penetrates through filter, therefore, very low saturation and high contrast false color images may be produced. This conversion is for B&W IR photography.
- After conversion, the camera is capable of exposing all spectrums of light.
a. The 715nm
The 715nm is your typical Infrared Conversion. It blocks wavelengths shorter than 715nm and allows those longer than 715nm to go through. It is a true Infrared filter that should primarily be used for B&W photos, although very limited color Infrared pictures are possible. Conversions performed with the 715nm filter are capable of rendering beautiful & rich B&W images with a dramatic Infrared look to them.
Here are some examples of pictures taken with a 715nm-converted camera:
(desaturated in post processing to remove red cast in image)
b. The 665nm (links to sub-page
- The 665nm is a specialized Infrared Conversion. It blocks Wavelengths shorter than 665nm and allows those longer than 665nm to go through. This conversion is especially well suited for color Infrared Photography because of its broader transmittance properties. With this conversion a more saturated color infrared image is possible. B&W Infrared is also possible with the 665nm although the results will not be as dramatic as the 715nm.
Here are some examples of pictures taken with a 665nm-converted camera:
(after channel mixer adjustments done in post processing to remove red cast in image and add false color effect)
» Continue reading for more information about what kind of camera I should have Precision Camera convert to infrared